The yogurt cake or yogurt cake is a classic of biscuits. I think this recipe is one of the most famous in all the houses and, of course, in mine as well. It’s easy, fast and you do not need to weigh ingredients. As a measure, to calculate the amounts, the same glass in which comes the yogurt. In this case they are 125 ml. It is called a biscuit 1, 2, and 3 by the number of glasses that are used with the different ingredients.
This cake is ideal as a base for cakes because it has enough consistency to be able to cut through the center, fill it and decorate it. For that reason I present it without decoration and demoldado upside down, just like custard, thus we have completely smooth looks.
It can be served as is or with other ingredients that contribute flavor, with vanilla, cinnamon or lemon peel; Although there are also recipes that use fruit juices and jams, melted chocolate, coffee or cream cheese, the basis of many desserts as you see it.
In this case I have chosen to prepare a super light cake, besides it is those desserts that are perfect if you follow all the steps. With the same confidence we can find a lot of ideas in Aptc of Corte Inglés supermarket, a web with a wide variety of recipes. I have browsed a little your web and I found another cake that has a very good look, this corn cake, which you will surely find on the blog soon.
- 1 natural or lemon yogurt (125ml)
- 1 measure of olive oil
- 2 measures of sugar
- 3 measures of flour
- 16 g chemical yeast or baking powder
- 3 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- Butter or mold release spray to grease the mold
Yogurt cake or yogurt cake: recipe preparation
- In a bowl, beat the eggs along with the sugar and a pinch of salt. Use electric or manual rods.
- When the mixture is fluffy, incorporate the oil and yogurt. Beat until fully integrated. The result is a sponge cream. If you do not have olive oil, use the one you usually use in your kitchen.
- Add the flour mixed with the chemical yeast (baking powder in some countries) through a sieve or strainer. Mix everything with the help of a spoon making wrapping movements so that the air bubbles that we managed to introduce when beating do not escape.
- Pour this mixture in a mold lined and greased with butter or spray molding. Make sure the dough is leveled. The mold used is 24 cm in diameter.
- Put the dough in the preheated oven at 180º C for 35 to 45 minutes. Place it at medium height with upper and lower heat
- After that time, you should check that the cake has been made completely by pricking with a skewer stick or needle. If it comes out clean, that’s it. If there is still something damp, leave it a little longer and check again until it has cooked completely inside. Remove from oven and cool on marble.
- Once cold, you can unmold it. If you are going to use it as a cake base, unmold it face down so that the walls are completely smooth.
If you like cupcakes I suggest you to see these recipes: White chocolate cake and Yogurt cake with apple and blueberries.
You May Also like this Blog.