Spinach dumplings with raisins and pine nuts: presentation
The spinach dumplings with raisins and pine nuts are a very simple dish at the same time as delicious. If we put them as pecking they look great and if we present them with a garnish they are a second dish that has nothing to envy to the best of the viands. That crunchy crust and homemade filling makes them irresistible. They are so easy to prepare, that anyone who starts cooking can dare with them and it sure works out phenomenally.
The filling chosen is a classic combination as are spinach with raisins and pine nuts. I added some cheese to make them juicier, but since they do not have sauces, even if they open a bit, they do not empty us or leave the oil useless. I hope you like them and that your families enjoy eating vegetables.
- 12 wafers for pie (the cook)
- 100g cooked spinach
- A handful of sprockets (20 g)
- A handful of raisins (30g)
- 4 slices of cheese (slices)
- Olive oil and salt
How to make:
- Place extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the spinach slightly. If they are fresh, it is not necessary to boil them, only washed and drained.
- Add pine nuts and raisins and season with a little salt. Give him a couple of turns and remove from the fire. If the raisins you use are large, you can cut them small.
- Separate the wafers from the pie and spread them on top of the marble.
- Place on top of each wafer a portion of the stuffing of spinach with raisins and pine nuts and a piece of cheese. Do not put the whole slice because it would be too much. This should be done when the spinach is warm or cold.
- Fold the patties carefully so that the filling is all inside and seals the edge with the board of the fork as shown in the image. It is necessary to tighten well so that they do not open when frying.
- Fry in plenty of oil in a frying pan or fryer. When they are browned, remove to a plate, in which you have placed an absorbent kitchen paper, thus you remove the excess oil.
- If you want to make them to the oven, paint the top face with beaten egg and introduce them in the oven to warm up to 220º C, with heat up and down until they are browned.
- You can present the spinach hand pie with raisins and pine nuts like pecking, entree or even second plate. A very suitable garnish is to accompany them with a little salad.
If you liked this recipe, you will surely like to see another entree: Puff pastry stuffed with ham and prawns.